Preparing your meals according to your goals, it is vital if you want to gain bodyweight.
You should be careful what you are eating through the day and should try to include as many healthy foods in your diet and eliminate the bad ones. Consuming junk foods should be avoided at any cost, example of them are fried chips, McDonald’s and especially the ones cooked in oil. They are all full of fats and very unhealthy.
I know you want to add some pounds, but you should do it the right way. We will take a look at some meal plans and see what should and shouldn’t be included in your diet.
Also, a great tip is to have more meals through the day. Don’t limit yourself to only 3 daily, try consuming 5 or 6 of them and keep the portion not very big in size. This will help digest the food faster and better and keep your body full of energy.
If you want to add those extra pounds, you should consume more then what you do normally, even if you have to force yourself. So, what you are basically doing is eating more calories then you’re burning and this will help you. If you consume just enough to maintain your bodyweight, then you more than likely not adding any at all.
Studies show that a normal person needs 2,000 calories per day for its body to function properly. So, what you do now is you add about 250 calories to your current diet every week, until you reach your target calorie goal. Please refer to the diets that work basics, to understand how you can do that.
Balance the amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates you consume daily and increase them step by step, and all of them at the same time. More protein is always good.
Let me give you an advice of what you can consume daily:
1. Milk. A glass of low fat milk (about 250 grams) can provide you with all of its nutritional values. It has protein, enough essential fat, minerals and vitamins. You can use it in the morning for your cereals or oatmeal’s, which both of them are great sources of carbohydrates.
2. Fruits and Vegetables. Have about 3 of them daily, like 1 apple, orange, banana and 1 tomato, cucumber and carrot. All of them are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber, which will boost your metabolism and help your body functioning.
3. Breads. Whole wheat breads being the best source. Use them to make sandwiches with chicken breast or tuna, as they are a great source of carbs and proteins in one meal. You might mix it up sometimes with peanut butter, it’s delicious.
4. Meats. Lean meats should be your choice, especially if they are red. Chicken breast and fish are wonderful sources of meat and they are full of healthy protein.
5. Cereals. They are great source of carbs and fiber. Combine different types together for better results, like muesli and granola etc. Use only low fat milk with them, and try to add some nuts to them or dried fruits for a better and healthier taste.
6. Liquids. Water and green tea being the best sources. Avoid sodas and alcohol as much as possible, or eliminate them at all for a healthier lifestyle. Drink a lot of water every day, at least 1.5 liters.
7. Exercise. It will help you gaining bodyweight faster since it will stimulate your body to eat more then you normally do, and it will also help you develop lean muscles. It will also help to burn fat.