Following a meal plan is all about choosing to eat the right nutritional foods that fulfill your needs. Not only that, but you also have to know what kind of nutrition’s does your body need. There are a lot of factors mixed together that determine the kind of nutrients you need. Those factors are weight, age, gender and lifestyle. For instance, men compared to women, need different kind of nutrition’s.
If you are a man, don’t try to get mixed yourself on the women’s side, not because diets that work for women are very different, but some things change for both. These ones are composed of foods that can help you live a healthier lifestyle and also prevent you from encountering any medical problem by taking out the unhealthy ones.
There are a couple of things that you have to consider when looking for a regime plan, as these will help you make a better decision for long term goals:
- To start with, you need lots of protein, even more if you workout. Protein plays a great role in the overall health and helps in having lean muscle and be full of energy. As a matter of fact, it should be a primary concern for you and it has to be always in your regime. You can use lean meats, beans, soy or nuts as a source of protein, as long as they are fresh.
- Combining protein with healthy fats, not only will boost your muscle building, but will help you lose bodyweight at the same time, the unnecessary one of course. As a rule of thumbs, don’t include red meats, and even if you do include them, put a limit and instead of them use chicken or fish.
- Another thing when choosing, is to remember that fried foods are your absolute enemy, so eliminate them as soon as possible. I know it is very easy for you to go to McDonald’s because you don’t have time to prepare your meals and all, but please, do you want a change or not? If yes, then stop eating from fast foods. Period. They are full of saturated fats.
- Let me give you a heads up: high cholesterol, high blood pressure, stroke and heart disease comes from these saturated fats, now do you need any more proof to stop from getting them?
Every regime should be easy to follow and should show the calorie intake you will get. In order for your body to function properly through the day, it needs an amount of calories. So your next step is to determine the amount of calories your body needs based on you gender, age, weight and based on your goal, and stick to it. If you consume more calories than you need, it will result in gaining more weight and if you eat below you limit level, you are being malnourished.
Be careful from beer and sodas since they are an additional calorie for you and be wise and calculate them through the day or better eliminate them and replace them with fruit juices.
Remember that everything you consume is a calorie, no matter if it’s a tomatoes or chicken breast.
There are also other things that affect the type of plan you need to follow:
- Be sure to eat healthy carbohydrates as whole grains, cereals, whole grain breads and rice.
- Consume a lot of fruits as apples, oranges, bananas and peaches.
- Don’t forget vegetables as cucumber and tomatoes.
- And also low fat products as skimmed milk, low fat yogurt and others.
So when choosing a plan, be sure to include high proteins in them, and keep carbohydrates and fats in moderate amounts, and try to eat them fresh. This way, you can achieve you goal to rehabilitate your body, living a healthier lifestyle, and also achieve your goal in losing or gaining weight.